For over 60 years, Episcopal Day School has been a coeducational, independent school governed by a Board of Trustees in Pensacola, Florida and the largest outreach ministry of Christ Church Parish.
The roots of Episcopal Day School date back to 1856 when an educational ministry was founded as a part of Old Christ Church. In 1951, Christ Church Parish constructed an education building at the corner of Belmont and Palafox Streets in downtown Pensacola.
The facility constructed in 1951 became the foundation for the school in its current form, which has operated continuously as an independently governed parish day school. Since opening, EDS has grown to become a leader in 21st Century teaching and learning.
EDS expanded and purchased the former St. Michael Catholic School property in 2009 and converted it into the Early Learning Center (ELC), which opened in August 2010. In 2013, the campus was named the Hilton-Green campus, honoring the memory of a generous supporter of Christ Church and EDS, Henry Hilton-Green, Jr.
As the hallmark of a school of excellence, EDS grows and evolves everyday while remaining rooted in the Episcopal tradition. Today, as a leader in 21st Century teaching and learning, students continue to be introduced to innovative, creative and inspiring educational opportunities.