Visit Our School
See the Calendar
EDS will be loosening/removing many of the protocols utilized last year (as outlined below). However, for the beginning of the school year, we are adopting a universal indoor mask requirement for students, faculty, staff, and on-campus visitors, regardless of vaccination status. The necessity for this mask requirement will be assessed on a weekly basis. When it is appropriate, we intend to adopt a ‘mask optional’ policy. In the meantime, we are pleased to share the following updated and revised COVID-19 protocols:
- Parents will be welcome on campus (masks required indoors, regardless of vaccination status)
- Drop ins will be accepted in Extended Care
- Middle School students will move from class to class
- Middle School students will use lockers
- Lower School students may grade level intermix for recess
- All students will travel to enrichment classes
- Lunches will return to pre-Covid areas as desired
In addition, we have made the following changes to the quarantine and isolation protocols:
- Individuals testing positive for COVID-19 will isolate for 10 days after symptom onset (return to campus on Day 11 if symptoms are improving and the student has been fever-free without medication for 24 hours).
- Vaccinated individuals (or individuals in the 90-day immunity period) who are exposed (within 6-feet for more than 15 minutes) and asymptomatic, will not have to quarantine.
- Vaccinated individuals who are exposed (within 6-feet for more than 15 minutes) and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 must isolate and get a PCR test before returning to school.
- Unvaccinated individuals who are exposed (within 6-feet for more than 15 minutes) must quarantine for 10 days after last exposure (return on Day 11); OR 7 days after last exposure with a negative PCR test 5 days after last exposure (return on Day 8).
Should you have any questions or wish to communicate with the Task Force directly, you may send emails to EDStaskforce@edscc.org
21st Century Skills
Why Choose Episcopal Day School?
- Founded in 1952
- Historic location in the heart of downtown Pensacola, Florida
- Religious affiliation with Christ Church Parish of Pensacola & the Episcopal Diocese of the Central Gulf Coast
- Serving PreK2 through 8th grade
- Catholic Youth Sports League Participation
- Over 3 acres of modernized campuses & facilities
average class size
laptops, chromebooks, iPads
service learning projects